Sunday, June 12

project + images from waiting for the metro in a small urban town (in the county of los angeles)

images from waiting for the metro in a small urban town (in the county of los angeles) is about the people who decide to jump on a small passenger train in the middle of the night.

I have been going to a small Metro station late at night and creating portraits of the people who go there. I believe that the people who frequent the station late in the evening must have a pretty important reason for being there. The couple of moments I have with the people and the momentary connection I make with them is the reason why I enjoy going there night after night. Sometimes there are a couple of people and sometimes there are none. The specific name of the station is not important but it definitely has a persona. The number of people I run into is not important, it is the chance encounter with the few that is of importance/interest to me.

Doing this project is an escape. Removed from the Los Angeles crowd, in a city with a population of 25,000, I am alone for a couple of moments to make my art. I am allowed the chance to stop to say hello.


All images ©2011 Tom Trinh

No comments:

Post a Comment